As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
Parents & Citizens Association
Our parent/carers meet regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising. Please contact the President of the P&C Mona Joseph on firstname.lastname@example.org or Info.email@example.com for further information. The P&C is comprised of:
President: Mona Joseph
Secretary: Bruno Brandon
Treasurer: Carla Kok
All parents/carers are welcome to attend the P&C meetings.
In 2019, the P&C coordinated the following projects:
- Raising $70,000 for a shade cloth for the school playground
- A dinner dance for parents/carers and the community
- Applying for Government grants
- Easter Hat Parade and Raffle which will help raise funds for the school veggie patch.